[l2h] Figures cut off

Greg Gamble Greg Gamble <gregg@csee.uq.edu.au>
Wed, 19 May 1999 09:20:27 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Amy Mossman wrote:
> I'm a new user of latex2html and I've got a problem that has completely
> baffled me. I have some, but not all, figures that are cut off when they
> are translated to gif. I have a PostScript file with a bounding box
> inlcuded in the latex file with includegraphics
>
> \begin{figure}[htbp]
>   \centering
>   \resizebox{\textwidth}{!}{\includegraphics{hz43_psf.epsi}}
>   \caption[On-axis point spread function
>           (Section \ref{sec:spat_resp:inflight})]{The point spread function
>            from a long exposure of HZ43.}\label{fig:hz43_psf}
> \end{figure}
>
> The gif image that is made from this postscript file is only the
> bottom portion of the figure. I have tried including the bounding
> box parameters from the postscript file and the figure is still
> cut off.
>
> If anyone has any insight, I would love to hear it!

Hi,

  I don't know if this will fix things, but why are you using
\resizebox? I always use the * version of \includegraphics
provided by the graphicx package, which allows one to specify a
width i.e. put

\usepackage{graphicx} % instead of `graphics'
                      %                    ^

in the preamble ... and use:

   \includegraphics*[width=\textwidth]{hz43_psf.epsi}

in lieu of

   \resizebox{\textwidth}{!}{\includegraphics{hz43_psf.epsi}}

(the height is scaled in the same proportion unless you also
specify a height ... in the options [] you would do something like:
[width=\textwidth,height=4cm] ... if you were to want this.)

HTH

  Regards,
  Greg Gamble
Greg Gamble   __________________        mailto:gregg@csee.uq.edu.au
Centre for Discrete Mathematics & Computing    Tel: +61-7 336 52425
Department of Computer Science                 Fax: +61-7 336 54999
      & Electrical Engineering     http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~gregg
The University of Queensland, Queensland 4072 AUSTRALIA