[l2h] gif creation: problem solved

Arthur Snoke Arthur Snoke <snoke@equake.geol.vt.edu>
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 15:45:11 -0500 (EST)

A week or so ago I posted a couple of notes to the list describing the
problem I had with my implementation of latex2html regarding equation to
.gif translations: they did not come through.

Ross Moore helped me solve the problem: my implementation of dvips had a
vertical offset which shifted the equations literally out of sight.

When I installed dvips, I found I had a vertical offset of 50 points, so
I compensated for that in my config.ps.  The offset was caused by the fact
that I had left the default page size at A4, but was using Letter.
Changing my default page size to Letter and removing the vertical offset
solved my problems with latex2html.

I want to thank Ross publicly for his time -- and insight.

Arthur Snoke