[l2h] Commands inside \renewcommand

Stephen J. Sherman Stephen J. Sherman" <sjs@irvine.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:42:54 -0700

Using latex2html 98.2beta8 I have problems with placing commands
within a \renewcommand.  The inner commands end up applying
incorrectly to text following the renewed command.  Here is a reduced
example with further discussion following:

simple.tex
----------
    \documentclass{report}
    \usepackage{html}

    \newcommand{\Qualifiers}{{\sc Options}}
    \renewcommand{\Qualifiers}{{\sc Qualifiers}}

    \begin{document}

    \input{steve}

    \end{document}

steve.tex
---------
    \Qualifiers

    Cancels a breakpoint

Incorrect part of simple.html
-----------------------------
    <P>
    Q<SMALL>UALIFIERS</SMALL>
    <P>
    C<SMALL>ANCELS A BREAKPOINT

    </SMALL><P>

The problem disappears if I replace the \input{steve} command with the
contents of steve.tex.  The problem occurs with some other
commands in the place of \sc, like \tt.

Is there a patch for this?  Is this fixed in 99.1 or 99.2?

Thanx for the help,

Steve Sherman
Irvine Compiler Corp.
Irvine, CA  USA