[l2h] File names

Bruce R Miller Bruce R Miller" <miller@cam.nist.gov
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:03:52 -0400

On Jun 13,  8:26pm, Bek Oberin wrote:
> Subject: [l2h] File names
>
> I want to have the file names in a personalized format, like
> this:
>
> <secnumber>-filename
>
> or
>
> <secnumber>.<subsecnumber>-filename
>
> depending if it's a subsection or not.  I have a hook that correctly
> generates the filename, but I can't figure out how to put the
> secnumbes in it.  Here's the sub:
[...]

It would be nice to be able to directly get to structural information about
the document, but currently the only way I know of is to force the titles
to include the section numbers in themb by

   $SHOW_SECTION_NUMBERS = 1;	# DO use section numbers in HTML

Then you can extract the information you need from the titles using something
like this:
   $CUSTOM_TITLES=1;		# Do create them from custom_title_hook.
   sub custom_title_hook {
      my($title)=@_;
      $title=purify($title);
      $title =~ /^([^\s]*)/;    # the section number is (hopefully) 1st `word'
      my $name = $1;
      $name =~ tr/\(\)/_/d;	# translate parens to _
      $name =~ s/\.$//;		# remove trailing .
      $name; }

bruce.miller@nist.gov
http://math.nist.gov/~BMiller/