[l2h] problem with macro inclusion

Michael Seel Michael Seel <seel@mpi-sb.mpg.de>
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:53:10 +0200

Hi all,

first of all thanks for the great work the l2h project did in the past.
I downloaded the 99.01 package
a week ago and was impressed about the improvements made since the last
package. However
I finally ran into a problem which is somehow nasty.

I'm using  # $Id: latex2html,v 1.98 1999/04/01 10:58:10 RRM Exp $  on
perl, version 5.005_02 built for sun4-solaris
My project is a big manual which I preprocess to clean up difficult
LaTeX.  After the cleanup I start l2h.
Im using the folloging init file settings:

$MATH_SCALE_FACTOR = 1.4;
$FIGURE_SCALE_FACTOR = 1.4;
$NETSCAPE_HTML = 1;
$BODYTEXT = 'BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" BACKGROUND="ledabg.jpg"';
$HTML_VERSION = "3.2,math";
$NO_SIMPLE_MATH = 1;
$MAX_SPLIT_DEPTH = 4;
$CUSTOM_TITLES = 3;
# $LONG_TITLES = 3;
# $SHOW_SECTION_NUMBERS = 1;
$SHORT_INDEX = 1;
$LOCAL_ICONS = 1;
$NAV_BORDER = 0;
$ALTERNATIVE_ICONS = $ENV{'LEDAROOT'}."/Manual/noweb/icons";
$EXTERNAL_UP_LINK = "http://www.mpi-sb.mpg.de/LEDA";
$EXTERNAL_UP_TITLE = "LEDA home page";

Now when I process the whole document which consists of a
multi-level-inclusion latex2e document
several macros which are included at top level by a the command  \input
MANUAL.mac command
are not set correctly. l2h runs through, produces a real good result
besides some very few missing
symbols. It gives comments like

Unknown commands: computewidths Labs nspaceunderscore CC CCC precond < >
vbox

Though for example \precond is defined in MANUAL.mac  as
\newcommand{\precond}{{\it Precondition}: }

If I process one chunk/file by a corresponding wrapper everything works
fine.
Has anybody had similar experiences and maybe has a first hint how to
fix the problem?

thanks for any hint and regards

Michael Seel

--
Michael.Seel@mpi-sb.mpg.de
MPI für Informatik, Saarbrücken, Germany