[l2h] Installation problems (simple I suspect)

Ross MOORE Ross MOORE <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 20:15:45 +1000 (EST)

> > The remark about ctan.org was just to show how out of date ctan was.

Yes, we should setup the 99.2 release for distribution at  tug.org
and have part of that mirrored by CTAN.

TUG will perhaps become a site for easily obtaining good documentation
of TeX-related software, as TeXLive-5 becomes untied from user-group
membership.

> > Repeating my question
>
> Repeating the answer ;-)
>
> Get 99.2alpha11 from http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht
> Its installation procedure is much better. Sorry to say so, but I can't
> support any previous versions. But I'll be happy to help with problems
> (especially installation-related ones) in 99.2(alpha|beta|final).
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Marek
>
> PS. The problem you see with 99.1 is probably the following: 99.1 was
> tested with Perl 5.00305 and yours is newer. Probably 5.00503 is much more
> strict wrt. modules. 99.2 will support all Perls from 5.00305 to 5.00503,
> hopefully.

Do you know whether the *-glob mechanism has been fixed for threads ?
This has killed LaTeX2HTML with some 5.005 versions of Perl.

Cheers,

	Ross Moore