[l2h] Installation problems (simple I suspect)

Marek Rouchal DAT CAD HW Tel 25849 Marek Rouchal DAT CAD HW Tel 25849 <marek.rouchal@hl.siemens.de>
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 13:57:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Ross MOORE wrote:

> Yes, we should setup the 99.2 release for distribution at  tug.org
> and have part of that mirrored by CTAN.

Excellent; maybe we should switch the 99.2 status to beta soon and
announce this to the list?

> Do you know whether the *-glob mechanism has been fixed for threads ?
> This has killed LaTeX2HTML with some 5.005 versions of Perl.

ARGH!!! I just tried 99.2alpha11 on Solaris with 5.005.03 and Threads:
Absolute disaster! "make test" produces rubbish :-(
Did you do any investigations on this already? Any pointers where one
could start? The "configure" says ok, but the glob there is *very* simple.

This will probably cause major pain. As soon as we'll track down the root
of the problem (Ross, do you know which glob it is?), I'll ask the Perl
gurus, although I know their answer already: Don't use threads, they're
unstable. :-(

Cheers,

Marek