[l2h] Bugs in latex2html-99.2alpha9.tar.gz ?

Marek Rouchal Marek Rouchal <marek@gmx.net>
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 01:06:01 +0200 (MEST)

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Steffen Klupsch wrote:

> 1) I noticed that prefs.pm states:
> # The default is 1 for historical reasons. You can switch it of by
> saying
> # --disable-paths when using configure.
> $prefs{'ABSPATHS'} = 1;
>
> whereas the configure_script understands only
> --enable-paths
>
> Nothing critical, but might be easy to fix...

The configure script *always* accepts --disable-* when --help says
--enable-*. It works for me...

> 2) The configure script found a directory called tex in my path ....
> this broke the whole thing up!!!
> Can this be changed? Perhaps ignoring directories when searching for
> programs?

Oops, right. Should be fixed in alpha10 (strongly hope to switch to beta
soon...)

> I renamed the directory to proceed and
>
> 3) I called configure like this:
> > ./configure --prefix=/vlsi/share/teTeX/texmf/latex2html
>        --bindir=/vlsi/share/teTeX/bin/i386-linux
>
> --with-iconpath=http://www.vlsi.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/l2hicons
>
> ./configure reports:
> [...]
> checking for tex... /users/steffen/tex
> checking for 1... no
> Warning: Will not be able to generate images due to above failure.
> checking for kpsewhich... /vlsi/share/teTeX/bin/i386-linux/kpsewhich
> [...]
>
> I am a bit nervous about the search for '1' - and I'd like to be able to
> generate images...

I cannot reproduce this. Is your prefs.pm broken? It should say
$prefs{LATEX} = 'latex';
Otherwise you may debug config.pl: edit configure and add the -d switch
like this $PERL -d config/config.pl Find your way throgh the script using
n, s, p and x (and of course h for help ;-)

> 4) Oops, make check reports:
> syntax error at l2hconf.pm line 691, near "= ;"
> l2hconf.pm had compilation errors.

Again a bug, should be fixed now.

> But "make test" is still unable to generate the 2 pictures
>
>  *** processing 2 images ***
> Error (Copy): Copy "" to ".$dd$img" failed: No such file or directory
>  at ../latex2html line 3828

And one more! Fixed.

Thank you for this report and sorry for the confusion. Please tell
me whether it works better now.

-Marek

* Marek Rouchal <marek.rouchal@gmx.net>                            *
* !!! please use only this address, set in the Reply-To header !!! *