[l2h] bibliography not showing in table of contents

Ross MOORE Ross MOORE <ross@ics.mq.edu.au>
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 01:55:06 +1000 (EST)

> I'm confused about how to get the bibliography showing in the table of
> contents. My bibliography appears in a file references.tex, which is
> included using \segment from the top-level file f9515.tex. However, the html
> table of contents doesn't show the Bibliography. I can get round this by
> \including the references file in the top level instead of \segment-ing it.
> However, then I find that the links from the chapters don't work, because I
> can't figure out what \internal command to use inside e.g. ch1.tex.
>
> I would greatly appreciate any helpful pointers. I've included the
> bibliography, the top level file, the first chapter (very short) and the
> Makefile.

With the bibliography page already created, use \externallabels
to declare all the labelling information to be available with the
main document.
Consult the manual to see how this works.

You will not get a Table-of-Contents entry, since the Bibliography is not
part of the same job. An alternative way to do this is available
with v99.2, but has not had much testing yet.

The segmentation procedure is just a formalisation of multiple jobs
with a simplified syntax for getting the labels of different parts.
i.e. \internal  is just a simplification of  \externallabels .