[l2h] some basic q's

Marek Rouchal Marek Rouchal <marek@btfmd1.fs.uni-bayreuth.de>
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 17:43:03 +0200 (MEST)

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, michael sean daven wrote:

> I am sure the following questions are of the variety "asked and answered",
> but *I* can't find the answers!
>
>   1)  where can I find out what options may be fed to the latex2html
> 	command?
>
> 	I see the phrase "latex2html [options] <file>.tex" all
> 	over the internet, but don't know what options to give.

Download LaTeX2HTML, e.g. from
http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~latex2ht
and look at the README, manual, ... You may even try latex2html -help
after setting it up.

>   2)  I'd like to have a config-type file that I can have L2H look
> 	at each time it runs.
>
> 	There are a number of common changes I make to a file that
> 	has been processed by L2H;  eg, bgcolor=white (rather than gray),
> 	remove the top set of buttons (or perhaps both sets), ...
>
> 	I'm thinking something along the lines of a personal style file
> 	that L2H reads, similar to giving Latex "\usepackage{mystyle}".

Maybe latex2html.config is what you are looking for? You may also have a
.latex2html-init in your home or the current directory to modify the
default behaviour defined in latex2html.config.

>   3)  Does L2H refuse to look at more than a very few style files, or
> 	is it just me?!
>
> 	I have my own style file that I use for almost every Latex
> 	document I create, and L2H doesn't recognize my (not very
> 	complicated) aliases.

Correct. Only the *very* standard styles/packages are recognized. Try the
\include / \input syntax to include your "style" file if it contains
standard LaTeX commands. Otherwise you'll have to write an <style>.perl
file that provides the equivalent commands to LaTeX2HTML as the style file
does for LaTeX. This however requires some knowledge of perl and the
internal mechanisms of LaTeX2HTML. If you want to cope with that, look at
some of the *.perl files supplied in the distribution and take those as a
template.

HTH,

Marek

* Marek Rouchal         marek@saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de *
*               http://saftsack.fs.uni-bayreuth.de/~marek *
* Linux, Perl, Latex2HTML enthusiast. PGP key available.  *