[l2h] ALT tags in equations

Russ Lenth Russ Lenth <rlenth@stat.uiowa.edu>
Wed, 07 Apr 1999 11:57:19 -0500

I find latex2html useful for creating web versions of class handouts,
etc.; but these documents also have a distracting feature -- on some
browsers, whenever the mouse pointer is moved over an equation, a little
annotation window pops up with the LaTeX source.  That happens because
the LaTeX source is given in the ALT tag.

I suppose that's nice if you have a text-only browser AND are
comfortable with TeX; but if you're an elementary stat student, these
annotations are pretty confusing.  Is there a command-line switch for
disabling these extra annotations?  If not, I'm lobbying for one.

Thanks

Russ
--
Russell V. Lenth -- Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science
The University of Iowa -- Iowa City, IA 52242  USA