[l2h] Re: your mail

Greg Gamble Greg Gamble <gregg@csee.uq.edu.au>
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:58:12 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 7 Apr 1999, Andreas Eggenschwiler wrote:
> I am having trouble with latex2html 98.1. When I try to latex2html something
> everything is an image, even ordinary text. This happens even with a small
> test file:
>
> \documentclass{book}
> \usepackage{html}
> \title{test}
> \begin{document}
> \tableofcontents
> \begin{chapter}{test1}
> hallo, world
> \end{chapter}
> \begin{chapter}{test2}
> hallo, world2
> \end{chapter}
> \end{document}

Just a guess ... but chapter is not a LaTeX environment ...
a chapter should start:

\chapter{test1}

... and you should delete the \end{chapter}s.
(in LaTeX, \begin{XXX} is equivalent to \XXX ... so that bit may work
ok ... but I suspect you will get something odd for \end{chapter})

HTH

  Regards,
  Greg Gamble
Greg Gamble   __________________        mailto:gregg@csee.uq.edu.au
Centre for Discrete Mathematics & Computing    Tel: +61-7 336 52425
Department of Computer Science                 Fax: +61-7 336 54999
      & Electrical Engineering     http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~gregg
The University of Queensland, Queensland 4072 AUSTRALIA