[ho-tex] hyperref maintainers and catalogue entries

Petra Ruebe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Sun Sep 29 15:25:16 CEST 2019

Hi David,

Thanks for this information:

On Sun 29 Sep 2019 at 09:52:51 +0100  David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ctan,
>
> We have moved hyperref sources from
>
> https://github.com/ho-tex/hyperref  to https://github.com/latex3/hyperref

 I have s/ho-tex/latex3/ in the contact info of the package's
 Catalogue entry.

> and marked the current maintainers as "LaTeX3 Project" (ie  LaTeX Team,
> https://ctan.org/author/latex)

 Okay.  There was an (invisible!) "uploaderref" for "ho-tex",
 which I have changed into a (visible!) "authorref" for
 "latex".

 [...]
> the README in the sources now lists the maintainers as
>
> * Sebastian Rahtz (died 2016)
>  * Heiko Oberdiek  (inactive)
>  * The LaTeX3 Project
>
> see https://github.com/latex3/hyperref/blob/master/README.md
>
> Could you please update the home page and bug tracker urls, changing ho-tex
> to latex3 and adjust the maintainer and copyright .
 I believe I did all this.
 Please check the effect on https://ctan.org/pkg/hyperref
 in a few hours' time.

> hyperref.dtx lists the copyright dates as
>
> %% File: hyperref.dtx Copyright 1995-2001 Sebastian Rahtz,
> %% with portions written by David Carlisle and Heiko Oberdiek,
> %% 2001-2012 Heiko Oberdiek.
> %% 2016-2019 Oberdiek Package Suport Group
> %% 2019 LaTeX3 Project
>
> I am not sure you need to list all of them in the CTAN home page, do
> whichever you think best.
 Well, I tried to translate this as closely as possible.

> Please also set the team email address latex-team at latex-project.org as the
> authorised upload email address.
 This is done automatically as "author" "latex" is linked to the
 email address "latex-team at latex-project.org" (in another table).

> There is no need to update the public ctan page until the next update,
 Well, the webpage reflects the content of the Catalogue entry
 automatically.  And better make the changes at once, before
 they are forgotten.

> but
> we hope to do a hyperref update in the next few days, so this is just
> advance warning of the change of status that I can make the upload
> announcement text as from the LaTeX team rather than from the ho-tex group.
 Yes, this will work now.
 (Anyway, we know that _you_ are maintaining hyperref and are
 a member of both groups ...)

> thanks as always,
>
> David
>
> Note this only affects hyperref: the oberdiek bundle is still maintained
> under the ho-tex organisation.
 Okay.  (I was wondering, after reading the first part, if
 "ho-tex" should be removed altogether, and I know now that
 the answer to this question is "no".)

    All the best,
       Petra

--
Please send messages to ctan at ctan.org in English only.
Please do not send HTML messages, they are held in our spam filter.