[ho-tex] texdoc and README.md (was: CTAN Upload: thumbpdf)

Petra Ruebe-Pugliese petra at ctan.org
Sat Sep 8 20:18:56 CEST 2018

Hi David,

On Sat 08 Sep 2018 at 17:11:49 +0100  David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 at 16:33, Petra Ruebe-Pugliese <petra at ctan.org> wrote:

 [...]
> > >  The README in the tds.zip is a copy of README.md hope that's OK.
> >  Our .tds.zip checker is too stupid to notice such subtleties  :-\
> >  (Personally I do not really mind, but why not call the file in
> >  the .tds.zip "README.md", too?)
>
> I should check but I had in mind that texdoc thmpdf will show a README
> or README.txt directly but would look for a markdown viewer
> (which I don't have locally) if given a .md file.

 Ah, I now see your point.

 Well, I don't know if texdoc is actually _looking_ for a
 markdown viewer, but in my case it simply ends up using "less";
 so viewing README.md with texdoc isn't a problem.

 And I guess it _would_ be better if the copies in .tds.zip
 and "unpacked" part had the same name so that our stupid
 checker would at least be able to do _something_ and look
 for differences (although I'm sure your script would take
 care not to produce any anyway  ;-) )

    Best,
    Petra

--
Please send messages to ctan at ctan.org in English only.
Please do not send HTML messages, they are held in our spam filter.