[ho-tex] CTAN Upload: thumbpdf

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 18:11:49 CEST 2018

On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 at 16:33, Petra Ruebe-Pugliese <petra at ctan.org> wrote:

> >  and added some github URL in the fields below.
>   As a matter of fact I retained only "Repository" and "Bug tracker"
>   because of (arguable) redundancy.  I hope you don't mind.

I can't argue about the redundancy as I cut and pasted the same text
into multiple fields:-)

> >  The README in the tds.zip is a copy of README.md hope that's OK.
>  Our .tds.zip checker is too stupid to notice such subtleties  :-\
>  (Personally I do not really mind, but why not call the file in
>  the .tds.zip "README.md", too?)

I should check but I had in mind that texdoc thmpdf will show a README
or README.txt directly but
would look for a markdown viewer (which I don't have locally) if given
a .md file.

>  Feedback to submitter:
>
>  However, Manfred's clever new checker detected that the
>  following URLs (from README[.md]) have become stale:
>
>      http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/JDALLMAN/hbp_403.zip
>      http://www.activestate.com/support/faqs/win32/perlwin32faq4.html
>      http://www.activestate.com/support/faqs/win32/perlwin32faq1.html
>      http://www.ozemail.com.au/~geoffk/pdfencrypt/pdf_sec.ps
>
>  So maybe try to find some replacement in the future ...

eek I know nothing:-)
I only touched the perl to add a couple of \ where the error message
from new perl said \  was missing
Perhaps if I do another release I'll just delete this text or something...

>  And:  We still like to have a top level directory "thumbpdf/" for the
>  "unpacked" part in thumbpdf.zip ...  ;-)

Sigh, I do know that when I'm awake, sorry. I'll fix the build script.

David

somewhat larger update for oberdeik bundle coming up.....