[ho-tex] ctan upload problem (oberdiek bundle)?

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 14:56:08 CET 2018

On 25 January 2018 at 13:26, Gerd Neugebauer <gene at gerd-neugebauer.de>
wrote:

> > On 25 January 2018 at 09:52 David Carlisle <d.p.carlisle at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi, is there a problem with ctan upload?
>
> There might be a new bug since the upload form has been renewed.
>
> > I'm trying to send an update to the obediek package but the form never
> sends, I fill in the fields, select the (35M) oberdiek.zip and submit. Iit
> appears to upload but just returns me to the upload form with the field
> labels in red and "archive file" saying "no file selected" I tried from
> firefox and chrome last night and again a few minutes ago.
> >
> > I wondered if your logs would give any more information of the cause
> that the submission wasn't accepted,
>
> I would like get some more information in order to give you proper advice.
>
> - Has the upload page been prefilled or empty?
> (Note: if you start from the package's page then several fields are
> prefilled.)

prefilled

- Do you see an block of messages at the top of the page?

no (or I don't understand the question)

- Do you see a red error message below one of the input fields?

all the labels are red and the zip file value says (in black) no file
chosen.

- Could you please use the button "Show all fields" in the upper right
> corner of the form
> and verify that no error messages are hidden with the suppressed fields.

I tried that, will try again now and attach an image

> If nothing of the listed indications help then I would like to receive a
> screenshot of the form to reproduce it in my development environment.

let me try now....

> > David
> > (submitted as ho-tex at tug.org)
>
> Ciao
> Gerd
> (webmaster at ctan.org)

attached is an image with three screenshots

1st the form as I filled it in (with oberdiek.zip shown selected)

2nd a grab while it was uploading (showing 38%)

3rd the form display as soon as it reached 100%,  (back at the start with
"No file chosen")

This from an attempt using chrome a couple of minutes ago.

David