[fptex] Re: problems with the XEmTeX installer

George White aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed May 11 23:01:57 CEST 2005

On Wed, 11 May 2005, Fabrice Popineau wrote:

> Well, to make it clear for every body:
> - this is my first attempt to distribute an MSI file, and this one is
> very large
> - there is a tool to validate the structure of the msi file and xemtex
> has validated the test before I put it for download;
> - I have successfully installed it on a clean XP system running inside
> VMWare.

I installed beta-1 a few weeks ago.  Today I uninstalled beta-1 and then
installed beta-2.  The installs take roughly 1/2 hour (on WinXP with most
of SP2, P4 2.2 ghz, 512M RAM, freshly booted, recently defragged, and no
other programs running)  -- maybe because McAfee scans every file.

--
George White <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca> <gnw3 at acm.org>
189 Parklea Dr., Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia  B3Z 2G6