[fptex] problems with Mathematica fonts

Antonio Carlos Siqueira de Lima acsl at dee.ufrj.br
Fri Mar 19 19:28:14 CET 2004

Hi all
I am facing some dificulties in installing Mathematica fonts in
fptex-0.7. I follow the instructions that come together with the files
Acording to the instruction, all I have to do is to change texmf.cfg
as follows and the rehash it.
% Define the tree with the font pack
WRITREE=/usr/local/tex/MathematicaFontPack/texmf
%
% Add the new TDS root to the TEXMF variable
TEXMF = {$HOMETEXMF,!!$WRITREE,$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFMAIN}

When I run latex I get the following metafont errors:
[3] (c:/TeX/texmf/tex/latex/wolfram/t1pjn.fd)This is METAFONT, Version
2.7182 (Web2c 7.3.7x)
mktexmf: empty or non-existent rootfile!
Transcript written on mfput.log.
kpathsea: Running mktexmf  pjnr8t
mktextfm: Could not map typeface abbreviation jn for pjnr8t.
mktextfm: Need to update c:/TeX/texmf/fontname/special.map?
mktextfm: Running mf "\mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input pjnr8t"
mktextfm: warning: can't open log file pjnr8t.log.
mktextfm: `mf "\mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input pjnr8t"' failed.
! I can't find file `pjnr8t'.

Although the file t1pjn.fd contains the font pjnr8t. As I am not an font
expert, just a latex fan and enforcer, I am at lost here. Any help is
appreciated.
Nice Regards
--
Antonio Carlos Siqueira de Lima (acsl at dee.ufrj.br)