[fptex] XEmacs from TL 2003

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Fri Jun 18 16:55:21 CEST 2004

> Hi,
>
> just installed TL 2003 on a WinXP for one of our VIP users. He normally
> uses GNU Emacs + Auc TeX here and would like to do so at home as well (I
> installed on his home computer).
>
> I'd never tried XEmacs so we just installed it from the CD as wel as TL
> 2003. I works perfectly well (even has preview-latex ;-)
>
> There is just one small thing that anoys us:
>
> Where an error happens and we use C-c ` it doesn't just jump from error to
> error, it basically jumps from warning, to error, ro overfull \hbox'es
>
> how do I reconfigure XEmacs (or is it Auc TeX) such that C-c ` will jump
> from error to error as it normally does?

Problem solved. David Kastrup gave the answer on ctt.

You can try M-x customize-variable RET TeX-debug-bad-boxes RET

Default value is normally nil, but in the XEmacs that comes with TL 2003
it's switched on.

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
 -- Abraham Lincoln