[fptex] problem with txfonts and \dots

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Thu Jan 22 09:25:43 CET 2004

> The only thing I can guess is that the AUCTeX package is doing
> something silently and retaining some memory.  Maybe windvi is also. I
> can't find any explanation for it in the AUCTeX doc.

Not AUC-TeX in any way.

I don't know why you didn't got them at first, but the principle is :
- PDF use type1 fonts as much as possible by defaut, so if your fonts
are available as type1 you have less chances to miss something,

- windvi uses bitmap fonts for display, so potentially needs to generate
a bitmap corresponding  to some type1 font.  It seems the first time you
tried to preview  your file, windvi failed to  do  so or to display  the
generated font.

Fabrice