[fptex] ConTeXt perl scripts failing on Win98

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Thu Jan 15 20:58:05 CET 2004

> When is is necessary to use explicit paths in backticks?  Why not
> insist on a proper configuration at the outset rather than trying to
> "make do" with a broken configuration?  The added complexity increases
> chances for breakage and makes it harder to do things like supporting
> spaces in filenames.

Ok, I agree about the problem of \ vs / under Win9X. However on my
machine, texexec.ini is found "by searching" instead of by kpsewhich.
That's the reason why I didn't notice the problem at first.

I also agree that the path shouldn't be prepended to the commands in
all cases. I'll try to clean that up and submit it to Hans.

--
Fabrice