[fptex] Xemacs - fpTeX problems

Fred Dashiell fdashiell at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 02:54:12 CET 2004

Fabrice Popineau wrote:

>>That is, I can compile without errors from the command prompt, but it
>>takes errors from emacs menu selection.  The error message is not
>>helpful:
>>

>>! Emergency stop.  <*> .tex No pages of output.  Transcript written on
>>.log.
>>

>>LaTeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Tue Jan 13 15:33:03
>>

>>Also, sometimes Xemacs automatically removes the second line of my
>>file, which looks like
>>

>>%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %% master.tex %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>

>>What is causing this?  Where are the Xemacs customizations documented?
>>

>They are stored into ~/.xemacs/custom.el . Have a look here if you
>overwrote the default value with something else.
>
>Fabrice

Nope.  I checked.  I am using pure default Xemacs as distributed in the
download (as far as I can tell).  I run it with
Start-->Programs-->TeXLive-->Xemacs.  The only custom.el file is at
...\TeXLive\xemtex\lisp\.

Why is the second line being nuked?  And some additional commented info
is sometimes added at the end of the file.   Something is going on and I
can't find out what!

... Fred