[fptex] failure installing fptex 0.7

Ivailo Stoyanov istoyanov at freenet.de
Fri Nov 28 09:14:19 CET 2003

> By the way, I foxed yet another problem with ghostscript which prevented
> the png backend to work. So now, load a .tex file in xemacs and run 'C-c
> C-p C-p' and you will have preview-latex working out of the box.

Is there an easy way to update a current (as of NOV-20) fptex installation -- e.g. to update/replace some files from the bug-inhabited package (or dependent ones) -- without re-downloading and re-installing the whole distribution? I have tried to go through a maintenance cycle, but the result was that all packages were marked as out-of-date...

Cheers,

Ivailo