[fptex] failure installing fptex 0.7

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Fri Nov 28 00:07:26 CET 2003

> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/win32/fptex/0.7/?action=/tex-archive/systems/win32/fptex/

> When I run the TeXSetup.exe, I got the following error.  can't find
> the c:\temp\fptex\schem TPM directory

> Here is error window I get

> What can be the problem?

I suppose you downloaded the distribution using getfptex.bat,
unfortunately, an old version replaced the current one on the main
archive an seems to have propagated. I just fixed it on
ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/ . Other sites will be in sync in a few
hours I guess.

By the way, I foxed yet another problem with ghostscript which prevented
the png backend to work. So now, load a .tex file in xemacs and run 'C-c
C-p C-p' and you will have preview-latex working out of the box.

Sorry for that (and lucky that you are watching ;-) )

Fabrice