[fptex] GSView in fptex

Steve Grathwohl grath at duke.edu
Fri Nov 14 19:33:27 CET 2003

Whilst trying to extract text from a pdf file using GSView, the process
dies saying

    Can't load C:\TeXLive\bin\win32pstotxt3.dll

Clearly missing a separator.

If I just say in the shell "pstotxt3 -output carpcom.txt ...", I get

    Can't load C:\TeXLive\bin\win32\pstotxt1.dll
    pstotxt3: internal error 1

pstotxt1.dll?

I don't often have need to use these tools. Anyone know what's going on? Or
am I just being stupid, as often happens on Fridays.

I'm using an fptex distribution more recent than TeXlive, one that contains
its own gs and gsview.

Steve

Steve Grathwohl * grath at duke.edu
"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes which can be made
in a very narrow field."
-- Niels Bohr