[fptex] xemacs

Rolf Dieterich Rolf.Dieterich at gmx.de
Sun Nov 9 12:14:39 CET 2003

Hi Seap,

yes, VMware is pretty cool. I have run Solaris 8 x86, SuSE Linux 9, Plan 9,
FreeBSD 4.8 and QNX (Photon) under my XP host system. Maybe in the future
also Oberon or Netware. Only BeOS (5 PE MAX Edition or Developer Edition) makes
trouble. Some people find Virtual PC (Connectix, now Microsoft) even more
awesome. I haven't looked at it yet.

So you could create another fresh NT 4.0 VM without installing IE 4.0 and
try to install IE 5 or 6 immediately with this parameters:

IE5Setup.exe /c:"ie5wzd /e:IE4Shell_NTx86 /I:Y" for IE 5 or
IE6Setup.exe /c:"ie6wzd /e:IE4Shell_NTx86 /I:Y" for IE 6.

Googling some time ago, I found this somewhere on the web. It's supposed to
be an undocumented feature of the IE setup.

Rolf