[fptex] editor/fptex interaction

John Frampton jframpto at lynx.dac.neu.edu
Sat Mar 1 07:54:25 CET 2003

I use TSEPro, a Windows editor which derives from QEdit, a very
good DOS editor.  I have built a TSE setup (configuration and
macros) for running fptex that I am very happy with.  It does
most of the things that WinEdt does, but is a much better editor.
  The one slight (fairly small) problem, is that if I want to go
to the line in the file for which fptex reported on error, I must
do it from inside TSEPro (one key stroke).  The logfile is loaded
and the line number is read, some parsing is done to find which
file generated the editor (better than WinEdt does), and a window
is opened with the cursor on the appropriate line.  I assume that
if I knew more, I could do this via the -e exit to Tex.  Now I
must use the -x exit, then hit the appropriate editor key.

With that background, here is the question.  I would like to know
  precisely what happens if the -r exit of Tex is invoked.  If
this has been included in the latest version of the ptTEX
documentation, I apologize for the question.  The documentation I
have (September 2000) has only section headings for the chapter
on editing.

Thanks,
John Frampton