[fptex] pdftex format file

Jose Carlos Santos jcsantos@fc.up.pt
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 14:30:37 -0000

Hi all,

For several years that I have been using a personal format file
called plainpt for my TeX documents written in portuguese and
now I want to adapt this to my PDF documents. Therefore, I wrote
the short file that follows, called pdfplainpt.tex:

\pdfoutput=1
\input plainpt
\dump
\endinput

I ran pdfinitex on this file and then I've put the file
pdfplainpt.fmt at \texmf-local\web2c (that's where I have
the file plainpt.fmt) and then I ran mktexlsr. However, I
have a problem now: when I run pdftex on a file whose
first line is %&pdfplainpt, I get the error message:

Error: pdftex.exe (file pdftex.cfg): cannot open config file

unless I place a copy of pdftex.cfg at the same directory
that contains the file that I am working on. It would seem
that simply doing this would not be enough, since there
should there be an error message where pdftex complained that
it could not find the file pdftex.map, but pdftex has no
problem with that file.

Any suggestions?

Best regards

Jose Carlos Santos