[fptex] dvipdfm, cm-super and T1 ecncoding issue

Ivailo Stoyanov istoyanov at freenet.de
Mon Dec 22 12:56:43 CET 2003

I've recently noticed, that when running dvipdfm on a dvi-output compiled with \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}, besides the *.pdf I get following output:

C:\TEMP>dvipdfm check

check.dvi -> check.pdf
[1
Hmm.  A TFM file is larger than it says it is!
Proceeding nervously...

Hmm.  A TFM file is larger than it says it is!
Proceeding nervously...

Hmm.  A TFM file is larger than it says it is!
Proceeding nervously...

Hmm.  A TFM file is larger than it says it is!
Proceeding nervously...

Hmm.  A TFM file is larger than it says it is!
Proceeding nervously...

Hmm.  A TFM file is larger than it says it is!
Proceeding nervously...

Hmm.  A TFM file is larger than it says it is!
Proceeding nervously...
][2
Hmm.  A TFM file is larger than it says it is!
Proceeding nervously...
][3]
265016 bytes written

Since I have added the font-maps for cm-super in C:\Program Files\TeXLive\texmf-local\dvipdfm\base\, I ssuppose that the problem is related to that package.

When specifying another font encoding in the preamble of the *.tex-file, everything is O.K.

Any ideas how to fix this behaviour?

All the best,

Ivailo