[fptex] HOME variable

Pascal Chantriaux pascal.chantriaux at ac-grenoble.fr
Fri Dec 19 11:58:18 CET 2003

> You need to be a 'power user' or 'administrator' to be able to install
> for every body.

I was, every time I tried, an administrator.

> I don't know if it makes things a bit more clear but
>  I would appreciate to get the log files of the problems.

I don't have them anymore (but I transmit them one time and you didn't see
any problem in them).
Now my fptex works very fine.

I think perhaps there was something in my register that prevents texsetup
from finishing the end of installation or uninstallation (some writing in
register or environment variables seemed to be not created or suppressed).
It was very curious because, even with the up to date full fptex dowloaded
from the internet the 2003.12.12, gsview crashed in opening documents.
I have clean the register many times, clean repertories and remove HOME
variable, clean environment variables and made an installation for all users
and now it's ok (and gsview don't crash).
I'm not sure of the reason of the problem but I think something in my system
was wrong.

> Next version will use an MSI installer. I hope that it will solve all
> those problems.

Ok. Many thanks for your work and for your answers.

Pascal