[fptex] HOME variable

Pascal Chantriaux pascal.chantriaux at ac-grenoble.fr
Thu Dec 18 09:16:20 CET 2003

Hello,

I had many problems with fptex install under Windows XP : I tried a
great number of installations and there was a problem with texsetup.exe
wich sometines didn't finish the installation or the uninstallation,
even with the last version of fptex (full downloaded from internet the
12.12.2003).
Now it works and my fptex is ok except some little problems of fonts
(see next mail).
I'm not sure of my idea but it seems to work since I removed the
variable HOME wich was in my environment (it was set
HOME=%USERPROFILE%). It seems to me that texsetup sometimes saved and
tried to read the setup log file in different places (sometines in
c:\documents and settings\.... and sometines in texmf-var directory). Is
it possible that a I'm right ?

Pascal