[fptex] is there a conflict between the hyperref package and the xr package?

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:59:18 +0200

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 07:08:37AM -0500, Luis A Escobar wrote:

>     As a user I just wonder, why do I have to bother in known all the
>     fine detail?

Yes, if you are using "beta" software (xr-hyper is marked beta).

> Couldn't the error message be a little bit more
>    descriptive?

With the same effort the missing support could be added, so that
the error would be obsolete.

> Shouldn't all these compatibility among package be
>     kept automatically?

If LaTeX internals are changed, compatibility is always
a problem. Unhappily hyperref has to deal with LaTeX
internals because LaTeX is written without hyper stuff
in mind, so important hooks are missing.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek@uni-freiburg.de>