[fptex] Problems with fonts?

Erik Meijering meijering@imagescience.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:40:55 +0200

> Do you have files in there :
> c:/Program Files/TeXLive/texmf/fonts/type1/public/pazo/fplmr.pfb
>
> If not, try to update your mathpazo package from the Internet, running
> TeXLive -> Maintenance -> Add Package

The .pfb files were not on my system. I downloaded the latest
mathpazo.zip file and unzipped it in my TL directory. Now the fonts are
displayed properly in both windvi and ghostview.

Now I have another question (sorry, but I know virtually nothing about
fonts): what should I do to get a proper PDF file of my PS file when
using Adobe's Distiller? It complains it can't find the Palatino-Roman,
-Italic, and -Bold fonts, and uses a substitution font instead. Also,
the Helvetica font looks different in the resulting PDF file compared to
the PS file. I suppose I should add some Font Locations, but c:/Program
Files/TeXLive/texmf/fonts/type1/urw/palatino doesn't do the job. Any
suggestions?

-Erik