[fptex] Problems with fonts?

Erik Meijering meijering@imagescience.org
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:34:21 +0200

Hello,

I just downloaded the current TeXLive version from
ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/current. Installation on my Windows XP system
went very smoothly. No problems.

However, now I'm trying to use other fonts, like mathpazo, but am
experiencing problems: some of the symbols are left blank (both windvi
and dvips). Below is an example of a test document and its output, as
well as the complaints by windvi.

With mathtime, latex can't even typeset the document (mktexmf: empty or
non-existent rootfile! ! I can't find file `mtsyn', etc.)

Does anyone know what is wrong here? (And what I should do to solve the
problem.)

Thanks in advance.

Erik Meijering

Tex file:
\documentclass[10pt,twoside]{report}

\usepackage{mathpazo}

\begin{document}

Test document with mathpazo package. The text seems OK but formulas
\begin{equation}
f(x)=\sum_{i=-\infty}^{\infty}f_i\ h(x-i)
\end{equation}
not at all. Why is this?

\end{document}

Complaint by windvi:

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+456/600 --dpi
456 fplmr

mktexmf: empty or non-existent rootfile!

gsftopk(k) version 1.19.2mktexpk: Running gsftopk fplmr 456

command gsftopk fplmr 456 return 1

mktexpk: warning: can't open log file fplmr.log.

mktexpk: `gsftopk fplmr 456' failed.

kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

windvi: Can't find font fplmr.456pk

Character(s) will be left blank.

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+239/600 --dpi
839 fplmr

mktexmf: empty or non-existent rootfile!

gsftopk(k) version 1.19.2mktexpk: Running gsftopk fplmr 839

command gsftopk fplmr 839 return 1

mktexpk: warning: can't open log file fplmr.log.

mktexpk: `gsftopk fplmr 839' failed.

windvi: Can't find font fplmr.839pk

Character(s) will be left blank.

Displayed result: