[fptex] Problem with two XY fonts in new installation

Gary Schwartz schwartz@AFTERMATH.math.ou.edu
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 15:43:29 -0600

I recently installed fpTeX for a colleague. Everything seemed fine until I
tried to view a dvi file was compiled from
a document that uses XY-pic. The font generator (kpathsea?) couldn't
generate two of the fonts (xytipa and xytipb).
In the windvi log window, I saw "Permission denied" every time those two
fonts were being generated (something to
do with "astdout" in some temp directory). The weird thing is that other
fonts have been generated with no problems.
The installation is under Windows 2000. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Gary K. Schwartz
Gary K. Schwartz       Tel: (405) 325-7946        Fax: (405) 325-7484
Mathematics Department, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK 73019, USA