[fptex] FpTeX installation problem

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:50:49 +0100 (CET)

Yuri Izrailsky <izrailsk@iacp.dvo.ru> wrote:
> In order to save hard disk space I have recently moved my
> FpTeX (05) distribution to CDROM, but to my dismay all my
> attempts to install FpTeX directly from CDROM have failed.
> I have tried to run both texsetup.exe and texsetup-2003027.exe,
> but in both cases setup had abnormally terminated at the initial stage -
> a window popped up: "Error! Can't find TPM directory".

Well, it is because TeXSetup tries to unzip tmp.zip on the same drive.
Just unzip tpm.zip at the same location, remove tpm.zip,
then burn the CD. The layout:
collections
packages
setupw32
support
texmf\tpm\ <-- this is unpacked tpm.zip

The worse thing is that after installation TeXSetup tries to remove
those tpm files but it can be ignored ;-)

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl