[fptex] environment variables

Lars Madsen daleif@imf.au.dk
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 16:10:53 +0100 (MET)

I've been writing a small installation guide about TeXLive 6 for some
students I had, giving a series of beginners lectures about LaTeX.

(I've uning WinXP myself)

I've run into one problem regarding the LaTeX installation it self.

Where shold I put my own packages so that LaTeX can find it.

I know that when I put it under the ../TeXLive/texmf dir then the rebuild
og the Ls-R filename database is enough in order for  LaTeX to find it.

But couldn't I just put it somewhere else?

In the TeXLive guide it talks about the TEXMFLOCAL environment variable
but that doesn't work.

On our Linux (and UNIX) system we should just set the TEXINPUTS variable.
With the kpsewhich -expand-path $TEXINPUTS I was able to get to know the
contents og TEXINPUTS (quite big)

isn't there a way to get let say mydir included in TEXINPUTS?

Thta's more or less my only problem with fpTeX

/daleif
F2.10 - Institut for Matematiske Fag, Matematisk Afdeling
Århus Universitet