[fptex] Installing fptex

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 09:12:52 +0200

* ripley  <ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:

> I have never had that problem on Windows 2000 or XP, and I don't
> understand how Windows file association could affect visibility per
> se (although if that file type is `hidden' or `system' then perhaps
> it could).  AFAIK it is standard in Windows to associate .cnf with
> Speeddial, so I would have expected everyone (including Fabrice) to
> be affected by this if it was standard.

Definitely. Especially, I don't see how it could affect visibility by
the TeX programs. I admit it is a bit confusing to see this speeddial
icon, but I can't change either the Windows file association or the
Web2c extension used for configuration files.

John: My opinion is that you might have another problem. Investigation
would require to trace some kpsewhich command at the point you think
.cnf files are not found by TeX. I can help if you want to do that.

--
Fabrice