[fptex] Installing fptex

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 06:41:06 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:59:51AM +1200, Hillas, John wrote:
> >
> > Since the new version seems so close to going out this
> > might be a case of better never than this late.  If so,
> > sorry.
>
> too late, sorry.
>
> > On all the machines I've installed on Windows (2000 and
> > 98) has assigned files with the extension .cnf to the
> > speeddial type, whatever that is.
>
> yes, I noticed that once. I didnt realize it meant files
> could not be found. thats a pity :-}

I have never had that problem on Windows 2000 or XP, and I don't
understand how Windows file association could affect visibility per se
(although if that file type is `hidden'  or `system' then perhaps it
could).  AFAIK it is standard in Windows to associate .cnf with Speeddial,
so I would have expected everyone (including Fabrice) to be affected by
this if it was standard.