[fptex] configuring windvi and dvips

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:59:03 +0100

* Manuel López Mariscal <malope@cicese.mx> writes:

> by specifying the -p and -mfmode options. However I do not know how
> to find out which are the appropriate parameters for my printer. I
> have a NEC Silenwriter Model 95f postcript printer. I also would
> like to pring in some laser HP printer, Is there a way of finding
> out the parameters for different printers? Is there a way of
> configurgin windvi without having to use the command prompt?

You may find the modes in the texmf/metafont/misc/modes.mf file.
You should be able to change these parameters from the View->Options
menu, but you may need to wuit windvi an rerun it.

> Meanwhile I have been converting to postcript and printing with
> ghostview. However, for some reason the upper margin is too small,
> which does not occur when I use dvips from teTex on a UNIX
> machine. I thought that maybe dvips came with A4 paper by default
> but so far I have not been able to change that. I changed the
> config.ps file to have

> @+ %%PaperSize: letter

Which config.ps did you change ?

c:\>kpsewhich --format="dvips config" --progname=dvips config.ps
d:/Local/TeXLive/texmf-var/dvips/config/config.ps

I don't know about TeXShell...

Greetings,

Fabrice