[fptex] configuring windvi and dvips

Manuel López Mariscal Manuel López Mariscal
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:07:07 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_007C_01C19916.EC089440

Hi Everybody:
I just installed fptex on Windows 2000 and I am trying to print from =
windvi and also converting to postcript using dvips.Upon directly =
printing from windvi I got fonts that were too large and only printed =
part of the page. The help from windvi says that it has to be configured =
for the specific printer
by specifying the -p and -mfmode options. However I do not know how to =
find out which are the appropriate parameters for my printer. I have a =
NEC Silenwriter Model 95f postcript printer. I also would like to pring =
in some laser HP printer, Is there a way of finding out the parameters =
for different printers? Is there a way of configurgin windvi without =
having to use the command prompt?
Meanwhile I have been converting to postcript and printing with =
ghostview. However, for some reason the upper margin is too small, which =
does not occur when I use dvips from teTex on a UNIX machine. I thought =
that maybe dvips came with A4 paper by default but so far I have not =
been able to change that. I changed the config.ps file to have=20
@+ %%PaperSize: letter

and commented the corresponding one for A4 paper, but that did not do =
the job. Could anyone tell how to configure dvips to correctly print on =
US letter paper?

One further question: For some reason finding things on the TexShell =
does not work poperly for me. The cursor does find the string, but the =
display does not move to the desired location. Has anyone had that =
problem?

Congratulations to the builders of fptex. It seems like a good piece of =
software as teTex is for UNIX machines.

Thank you.

Manuel L=F3pez

-
Manuel L=F3pez Mariscal                malope@cicese.mx
CICESE/Depto. Oceanograf=EDa F=EDsica    Tel: +646-1745050 Ext. 24046 =
(Mexico)
                                     Fax: +646-1750547 (Mexico)
For international calls dial 52 which is Mexico's country code
-

------=_NextPart_000_007C_01C19916.EC089440

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi Everybody:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just installed fptex on Windows 2000 =
and I am=20
trying to print from windvi and also converting to postcript using =
dvips.Upon=20
directly printing from windvi I got fonts that were too large and only =
printed=20
part of the page. The help from windvi says that it has to be configured =
for the=20
specific printer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>by specifying the -p and -mfmode =
options. However I=20
do not know how to find out which are the appropriate parameters for my =
printer.=20
I have a NEC Silenwriter Model 95f postcript printer. I also would like =
to pring=20
in some laser HP printer, Is there a way of finding out the parameters =
for=20
different printers? Is there a way of configurgin windvi without having =
to use=20
the command prompt?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Meanwhile I have been converting to =
postcript and=20
printing with ghostview. However, for some reason the upper margin is =
too small,=20
which does not occur when I use dvips from teTex on a UNIX machine. I =
thought=20
that maybe dvips came with A4 paper by default but so far I have not =
been able=20
to change that. I changed the config.ps file to have </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>@+ %%PaperSize: letter</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>and commented the corresponding one for =
A4 paper,=20
but that did not do the job. Could anyone tell how to configure dvips to =

correctly print on US letter paper?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One further question: For some reason =
finding=20
things on the TexShell does not work poperly for me. The cursor does =
find the=20
string, but the display does not move to the desired location. Has =
anyone had=20
that problem?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Congratulations to the builders of =
fptex. It seems=20
like a good piece of software as teTex is for UNIX =
machines.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Manuel L=F3pez</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>----------------------------------------------------------------=
----------<BR>Manuel=20
L=F3pez=20
Mariscal&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
<A =
href=3D"mailto:malope@cicese.mx">malope@cicese.mx</A><BR>CICESE/Depto.=20
Oceanograf=EDa F=EDsica&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Tel: +646-1745050 Ext. 24046=20
(Mexico)<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;=20
Fax: +646-1750547 (Mexico)<BR>For international calls dial 52 which is =
Mexico's=20
country=20
---------<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_007C_01C19916.EC089440--