[fptex] Re: [tex-live] TeXLive 7 installation on WinXP

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 11:33:31 +0200

* Lars Madsen <daleif@imf.au.dk> writes:

> BTW. way are the CM font files suddenly named sf....

> I were using \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} as I usually do but then I
> noticed that dvips runs some cm-super-t1.enc and then uses these
> sf... files.

> Not that I'm complaining, but what's going on?

Using the cm-super package by default. Previously, you would have been
using ec fonts (T1 + cm), which would result in pk fonts inside your
pdf files. Now, you have the benefit of type1 fonts even using T1
encoding. And you lose 60Mb of disk space.

Fabrice