[fptex] mktexpk looking for Ghostscript-the whole message

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Fri, 09 Nov 2001 23:46:42 +0100

* ALAN A DUNWELL <ALAN> writes:

> I can run ghostscript and ghostview from icons, so I suspect I have
> some sort of path problem, but I have not been able to unravel
> it. Do I need to set some configuration for mktexpk or for gsftopk?
> Any ideas? All thought appreciated.

Gs should be found through its registry key by gsftopk. If it is not
the case :

-  try to upgrade gsftopk to the latest one in
ftp://ftp.dante.de/pub/fptex/standalone/

- check that you have some key in your registry :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\AFPL Ghostscript

- if the registry key is not there it is strange because it is
installed by the gsview installer (afaik), so maybe try to reinstall
gsview.

- else you can always solve your problem by adding the gswin32c.exe
directory to your PATH (eventually, you shoulf be able to run the
gswin32c.exe command from the command prompt).

Alternatively, if you find annoying that type1 fonts be used instead
of mf fonts, you can change your dvips config.ps file and comment the
bsr.map and so on lines.

Fabrice