[fptex] Re: a TL6 installation problem

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
05 Jul 2001 13:53:22 +0200

* Janusz S Bie <jsbien@grafem.mimuw.edu.pl> writes:

> The problem seems specific to this computer. I downloaded the image
> of 3 July (labelled TeXLive6-2000010) and the installation program
> doesn't start at all. The CD is OK, on another computer it starts
> correctly.

> The NT with causes problem is administered by myself and I didn't
> (at least conciously) changed anything in configuration. Do you have
> any suggestions how to diagnose the problem?

You mean you don't get the "Welcome to TeX Live dialog box" ?

Maybe because you have already installed the software, and the
specific autorun feature is disabled beacuse of the registry key.

This is annoying because there is a flag to ignore the registry key
and autorun even if already installed.

See if it makes any difference to delete
\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeX Users Group\TeXLive\6.0

Fabrice