[fptex] a TL6 installation problem

Janusz S. Bień jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl
05 Jul 2001 13:43:11 +0200

"Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> writes:

> Janusz S. =?iso-8859-2?Q?Bie=F1?= writes:

[...]

>  > An attempt to install the version of 1.06.2001 on Polish Windows NT 4
>  > was a failure. Unfortunately, I cannot be more constructive. This was
>  > a quick test on a computer which I access only occasionally and I
>  > don't remember details. My general impression was that the environment
>  > variables were not set correctly during installation.
>
> lets hope the current version works...
>
> sebastian

The problem seems specific to this computer. I downloaded the image of
3 July (labelled TeXLive6-2000010) and the installation program
doesn't start at all. The CD is OK, on another computer it starts
correctly.

The NT with causes problem is administered by myself and I didn't (at
least conciously) changed anything in configuration. Do you have any
suggestions how to diagnose the problem?

Best regards

Janusz

                     ,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW
Prof. Janusz S. Bien, Warsaw Uniwersity
Na tym koncie czytam i wysylam poczte i wiadomosci offline -
prosze nie oczekiwac szybkiej odpowiedzi!
On this account I read/post mail/news offline - do not expect
an immediate answer!