[fptex] Ghostscript 6.5 doesn't seem to work with windvi

Prof Brian D Ripley ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:08:28 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Don Taylor wrote:

> I sent this to Richard Stanton on 8 Jan 01 but I really wanted to send
> it to the entire fptex list.  By the way Bob Howlett reports that the
> problem is still present with the new distribution.

I used the new distribution yesterday and get exactly the same thing on
NT4.  It does work with gs6.01 if I put that first in my PATH, and set
GS_LIB appropriately, which is my workaround.  Everything else I have that
uses gsdll (GSView 3.6, my own programs) works correctly under the settings
that fail with windvi, so I think gs6.50 is installed correctly and is
functioning.

Nothing changes if I have explicit settings in the PATH and GS_LIB or rely
on the registry.

I am stuck!