[fptex] Ghostscript 6.5 doesn't seem to work with windvi

Don Taylor don@maths.usyd.edu.au
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:59:04 +1100

I sent this to Richard Stanton on 8 Jan 01 but I really wanted to send
it to the entire fptex list.  By the way Bob Howlett reports that the
problem is still present with the new distribution.

Don Taylor
--------------------
I've encountered a similar problem but only on Windows 98.  After
upgrading to Ghostscript 6.5 I copied the registry "Software/AFPL
Ghostscript" key to
"Software/Aladdin Ghostscript".  This fixed problems with font
generation but for postscript inclusions I get the following error:

Error: /typecheck in --closefile--
Operand stack:
   --nostringval--   ()
Execution stack:
   %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--
--nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push   1   3
%oparray_pop   --nostringval--   --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:986/1476(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:66/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: No such file or directory
AFPL Ghostscript 6.50: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
gsdll_init returned 1

The same error occurs on Bob Howlett's Win98 machine but everything
works fine on another machine running Win95.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Don Taylor

--
Associate Professor D E Taylor          Associate Dean (Resources)
School of Mathematics and Statistics        phone: +61 2 9351 4222