[fptex] Problem with Add TeX package

Nyman Per-Ole Per-Ole.Nyman@hin.no
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:19:06 +0100

I recently installed fptex version 0.5 under Windows NT. The installation
appeared to be successful. However, I am not able to add TeX packages over
the internet via the TexLive setup wizard. When I click the "Add TeX
package" icon on the TexLive-Maintenance menu, the wizard starts up in
maintenance mode as it should, but after having

1) pushed the "next"  button
2) marked the "Enable Internet Download" option
3) pushed the "next" button a second time

an error message pops up with the text

	Error: can't find the TMP directory

Does anyone know a remedy to this problem, and/or other good ways of making
updates of the fptex installation over the internet.

Grateful for any help

Per-Ole Nyman
Narvik Institute of Technology
Narvik, Norway