It can't find my files

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
25 Sep 2000 22:52:52 +0200

* Bob Howlett <bobh@maths.usyd.edu.au> writes:

> it. So I tried kpsewhich tutmac.tex and, sure enough, kpsewhich
> couldn't find it either.

You need to give the name of the program that will look for it (tex by
default):
c:\>kpsewhich --progname=pdftex tutmac.tex

> After considerable experimenting I have
> found that if I rename the above directory to
> c:\fptex\texmf-local\tex\plain and run mktexlsr again then kpsewhich
> finds tutmac.tex.  This behavious has me baffled. Can anyone explain
> it?

D:\>kpsewhich --expand-var=$TEXINPUTS --progname=pdftex
.;{!!d:/Local/TeXLive/texmf-var,
   d:/Local/TeXLive/texmf-local,
   !!d:/Local/TeXLive/texmf}/{pdftex,tex}/{plain,generic,}//

Do you get something like this ? If yes, it should find it.

Fabrice