troubles after installation

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
25 Sep 2000 08:18:53 +0200

* bitouze  <Denis> writes:

> Hi, I installed fpTeX 0.4 on a Windows NT system, as root. I did the
> setup for all users. Two troubles occur:

>  1) Though I uncommented the line TEXMFLOCAL and set it up to
> TEXMFLOCAL = c:/TeX/texmf-local (the default was % TEXMFLOCAL =
> c:/TeX/texmf.local but I replaced the dot by a `-'; maybe I am
> wrong).

If you uncommented it, you should have no special sign at the
beginning of the line.

After doing this, please ensure that :

TEXMF={$VARTEXMF,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,$TEXMFMAIN}

(for example)
and run:
c:\>mktexlsr

>  2) I had the same trouble as user but, moreover, I couldn't compile
> any .tex files with latex. It is said that latex.fmt cannot be
> found.

Any errors in your log file ?
Try to change the permissions for the tex directory, probably the
files are usable only by the administrators.

Fabrice